Saturday 19 December 2015

Methods and Sources of Research: Secondary Research (Government Statistics)




Government Statistics:

What are Government Statistics?

- GSS stands for the Government Statistical Service this is a community for all civil servants who work in the collection, production and communication of official statistics.
- Government statistics can be published by official agencies or even organisations that would be used to present reliable information about well established conventions. 

What is its purpose?


- The purpose of this official statistics service is to assist organs of the state, businesses, or other organisations/ public in the following;
1. planning
2. decision-making or other actions
3. monitoring or assessment of policies, decision-making or other actions

- The benefit to this for the writer would be that they would be able to write about societal and political issues which can then be publicly discussed, which therefore would lead to them gaining more publicity. 

References:

"Government Statistical Service - GOV.UK". Gov.uk. Web. 19 Dec. 2015.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/civil-service-government-statistical-service

Africa, Statistics. "Purpose Of Official Statistics, And Statistical Principles | Statistics South Africa". Statssa.gov.za. Web. 19 Dec. 2015.
http://www.statssa.gov.za/?page_id=750

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete